Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Maxysis coding capacity for BMW
Maxysis coding capacity for BMW

8189 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: 2015-06-09 12:35:10

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-05-25 13:35:18
        Hello guys I replaced a abs module on a 2005 BMW X3..ofcourse it needed to be coded to the vehicle...I tried this for the first time using maxysis and skipped the BMW progman software. Now first thing is I want to praise Autel for its speed.simplicity,and overall coverage for BMW. It will not cover the DME,TMC( EGS)..but it easily coded the abs module in about ten seconds, (i use a midtronics voltage regulator for coding and programming to keep everything nice regulated while carry out the procedure) and then calibrated the steering angle sensor in 30 seconds, it actually tells you to turn ignition off and wait 30 seconds after the steering column is set at -0-! Once you listen to the chime counter of the KOMBI counts of 30 seconds, turn the key two phase 2...then the maxysis will say steering angle is set and complete.then you can check live data of steering angle to see the measuring parameters....it worked great....plus after that initiated the bleed process for all four lines and the left hand steering procedure.Fellas it worked great! I cant say it enough that although we have some issues with some software from time to time I will say MAXYSIS in the BEST there is with coverage and capacity ...Now Autel please improve JAGUAR coding and programming and boy I will buy another unit...I have  mini ms 905 and I may get a 908P. Thanks Autel!!!

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-05-25 15:08:23 (Reply to:912guy)

for once i have to agree AUTEL  have done good  with BMW.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-05-25 21:47:06 (Reply to:912guy)

Yes it does a pretty good job on bmw.it also does the dme,egs,ews and pretty much all
    of them at least on the vehicles I had used it on it did. The last one I worked on was a
    2008 745 or 750 can't remember but it was about 20+ modules on this vehicle and it
    did it in record time about 30 minutes. Am not a bmw tech but with ista it take hours
    and long ones too.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-05-26 03:06:17

Thanks all of your compliments and supports. Believe we will do better and better.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-05-26 06:54:15 (Reply to:ede65)
      ede65 I attempted to do a full vehicle code on the 2005 x3 and dme and egs and  when I got to these modules it said not supported...and it skipped to the other subsystems that were covered. Just wanted verify it's capacity so I began to play with it. But on that particular model it wouldn't cover the dme,egs and another system,  I cant remember...Maybe it just varies on different  bmw  models...nevertheless it really did well that day and all I could do was smile at this little unit and its speed was incredible.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-05-26 07:14:46 (Reply to:ede65)
      my friend your so correct ista is soooooo slow...I cant believe the Maxysis was that fast.......

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-05-26 10:56:00 (Reply to:912guy)

yes by the time I turned  on the laptop and waited for the ista to be ready the maxisys was done coding and this was a while back, there has been a couple of updates since then I assumed it has to be even better now but have not checked lately. this little thing is amazingly fast. hopefully the few things not available yet will be released soon. the better it gets the more am tempted to work on bimmers.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-05-26 11:06:05 (Reply to:ede65)
     Yes go for it... I can tell you that foreign is where the $ is for me...I am hoping Autel can bring Jaguar up to par with BMW coverage.... That way my buddy who has the 11000.00 Autologic Jaguar unit mouth can drop off his face if the coverage for Jaguar was to the capacity of BMW....LOL...I believe it would make a great impact in the British market at that point!

•   Level 3   
    (98) points
    Supertech

2015-05-30 09:06:04 (Reply to:912guy)

I have Maxisy pro,Autologig,and Ista,
    Maxisys not come close to Autologig on BMW and MB,but for better diagnostic and analysis not thing come close to factory tool.
    And that's the $$$$ you are going to play.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-05-31 01:24:35 (Reply to:Supertech)

I have several clients wit Autologic, that I have bought the Maxisys Pro, because they compare with each other and don't see difference in the options of the software. And they want to stop with autologic.

The big difference is the support, because they reply very quickly to datalog and in the price, the Autologic is more expensive that Autel is.
  Total2 Pages